Mushroom Egg Salad
This is egg salad like you’ve probably never had it before. This classic American comfort food gets a face lift with the addition of crispy sautéed mushrooms and shallots.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby portabellas or crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 shallot – minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 hardboiled eggs – peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Ciabatta rolls – toasted
- Into a small sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook until softened and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Into a medium bowl add: eggs, mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork press down with tines until eggs are crushed to desired size.
- Add mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary. If you like additional mayonnaise, add to taste.
- Divide egg salad between Ciabatta rolls.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe