Mushroom Egg Salad
This is egg salad like you’ve probably never had it before. This classic American comfort food gets a face lift with the addition of crispy sautéed mushrooms and shallots.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby portabellas or crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 shallot – minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 hardboiled eggs – peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Ciabatta rolls – toasted
- Into a small sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook until softened and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Into a medium bowl add: eggs, mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork press down with tines until eggs are crushed to desired size.
- Add mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary. If you like additional mayonnaise, add to taste.
- Divide egg salad between Ciabatta rolls.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe