Mushroom Egg Salad
This is egg salad like you’ve probably never had it before. This classic American comfort food gets a face lift with the addition of crispy sautéed mushrooms and shallots.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby portabellas or crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 shallot – minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 hardboiled eggs – peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Ciabatta rolls – toasted
- Into a small sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook until softened and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Into a medium bowl add: eggs, mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork press down with tines until eggs are crushed to desired size.
- Add mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary. If you like additional mayonnaise, add to taste.
- Divide egg salad between Ciabatta rolls.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe