Mushroom and Green Lentil Soup
Try this tasty and easy-to-follow chunky mushroom and lentil soup that is one amazing mix of superfoods.
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 quarts of organic vegetable broth
- 3 portabella mushrooms caps chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Boil the lentils in 1 quart of vegetable broth and cook until they have absorbed the broth and become tender.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and cook down the mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onion to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Transfer the mushroom mix to the pot of lentils.
- Add the other quart of vegetable broth and bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Stir and serve.
Megan of Yumology is a blogger ambassador and participated in the #mushroommakeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe