Mushroom and Green Lentil Soup
Try this tasty and easy-to-follow chunky mushroom and lentil soup that is one amazing mix of superfoods.
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 quarts of organic vegetable broth
- 3 portabella mushrooms caps chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Boil the lentils in 1 quart of vegetable broth and cook until they have absorbed the broth and become tender.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and cook down the mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onion to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Transfer the mushroom mix to the pot of lentils.
- Add the other quart of vegetable broth and bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Stir and serve.
Megan of Yumology is a blogger ambassador and participated in the #mushroommakeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe