Mushroom and Green Lentil Soup
Try this tasty and easy-to-follow chunky mushroom and lentil soup that is one amazing mix of superfoods.
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 quarts of organic vegetable broth
- 3 portabella mushrooms caps chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Boil the lentils in 1 quart of vegetable broth and cook until they have absorbed the broth and become tender.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and cook down the mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onion to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Transfer the mushroom mix to the pot of lentils.
- Add the other quart of vegetable broth and bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Stir and serve.
Megan of Yumology is a blogger ambassador and participated in the #mushroommakeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe