Mushroom Haloumi BurgersPrint
- 2 portabella mushrooms with the stems trimmed
- 1 thick slice of haloumi cheese
- caramelized onions
- char-grilled peppers
- olive oil
- micro herbs to garnish
- wedges, chips or fries to serve
- Place the two portabella mushroom caps in a non-stick pan and drizzle a little olive oil over them. Cook for two minutes on each side and then place the pan in a preheated 350 degree oven and cook off mushrooms for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another pan with a little olive oil and once it’s heated, place your thick slice of haloumi on one side. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes until it forms a nice brown crust, turn it over and repeat again. Once it’s cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Take one of the mushroom caps and place some char-grilled peppers on the base, then the haloumi, followed by some caramelized onions. Garnish with mirco herbs and top with another mushroom cap. Serve with your favorite potatoes on the side.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe