Mushroom Haloumi BurgersPrint
- 2 portabella mushrooms with the stems trimmed
- 1 thick slice of haloumi cheese
- caramelized onions
- char-grilled peppers
- olive oil
- micro herbs to garnish
- wedges, chips or fries to serve
- Place the two portabella mushroom caps in a non-stick pan and drizzle a little olive oil over them. Cook for two minutes on each side and then place the pan in a preheated 350 degree oven and cook off mushrooms for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another pan with a little olive oil and once it’s heated, place your thick slice of haloumi on one side. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes until it forms a nice brown crust, turn it over and repeat again. Once it’s cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Take one of the mushroom caps and place some char-grilled peppers on the base, then the haloumi, followed by some caramelized onions. Garnish with mirco herbs and top with another mushroom cap. Serve with your favorite potatoes on the side.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe