Wrap this delicious mushroom larb in cabbage leaves for an easy and satisfying meal.
Recipe courtesy of Regan of Healthy Aperture.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1/2 of an orange zested and juiced
- 1/2 of a lime zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- two 8-ounce packages white button or crimini mushrooms, cleaned and chopped (I pulsed in my food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cabbage leaves, shredded carrots and additional chopped fresh cilantro and mint
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (optional)
- Combine orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, oil, tamari and ginger; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until caramelized. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of reserved juice mixture to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Season with cilantro, mint, red pepper and salt.
- Serve mushrooms warm with cabbage leaves and additional toppings for wrapping and scooping. If desired, combine peanut butter with remaining juice mixture to serve as a thicker dressing/dipping sauce or serve sauce as is.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!