Mushroom and Leek Spaghetti Carbonara
Leeks and fresh mushrooms have been added to this classic Spaghetti alla Carbonara dish, and it’s a twist that we’ll be twirling on our forks for dinners to come.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 slices pancetta or thick cut bacon – cubed
- 1 leek – thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 2 whole eggs + 2 additional egg yolks – beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- kosher salt/fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- Into a large saute pan add oil and heat over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- To pan add: leeks and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms have softened. Remove pan from heat.
- Into a small bowl add eggs and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer spaghetti to saute pan. Toss to combine. Add egg mixture. Toss to combine. If mixture it too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional black pepper and additional cheese if desired.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe