Mushroom and Leek Spaghetti Carbonara
Leeks and fresh mushrooms have been added to this classic Spaghetti alla Carbonara dish, and it’s a twist that we’ll be twirling on our forks for dinners to come.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 slices pancetta or thick cut bacon – cubed
- 1 leek – thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 2 whole eggs + 2 additional egg yolks – beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- kosher salt/fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- Into a large saute pan add oil and heat over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- To pan add: leeks and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms have softened. Remove pan from heat.
- Into a small bowl add eggs and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer spaghetti to saute pan. Toss to combine. Add egg mixture. Toss to combine. If mixture it too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional black pepper and additional cheese if desired.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe