Mushroom and Leek Spaghetti Carbonara
Leeks and fresh mushrooms have been added to this classic Spaghetti alla Carbonara dish, and it’s a twist that we’ll be twirling on our forks for dinners to come.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 slices pancetta or thick cut bacon – cubed
- 1 leek – thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 2 whole eggs + 2 additional egg yolks – beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- kosher salt/fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water prior to draining.
- Into a large saute pan add oil and heat over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- To pan add: leeks and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms have softened. Remove pan from heat.
- Into a small bowl add eggs and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer spaghetti to saute pan. Toss to combine. Add egg mixture. Toss to combine. If mixture it too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional black pepper and additional cheese if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!