This minestrone is spiked with loads of dried herbs, beautiful and colorful rainbow chard, cannellini beans for some heftiness and lots of mushrooms.
Recipe courtesy of Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled diced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced Salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan-Reggiano
- one 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3 leaves of rainbow chard, ribs removed and leaves roughly chopped
- one 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 8 crimini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- In a medium pot, set over medium heat, pour in the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the diced yellow onion, carrots, celery and a few pinches of salt; mix and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, dried thyme and rosemary and mix until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the can of tomatoes, water and give it a good mix.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and then immediately turn the heat down to low. Mix in the rainbow chard and cannelloni beans. Cover the soup and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes. Uncover the pot, add the crimini mushrooms, cooking for an additional 10 minutes. Salt to taste (I added an additional 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt).
- Mix in the grated Parmesan and divide the soup amongst bowls. Garnish with some additional Parmesan, if you like, and serve with a side of bread.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe