Mushrooms with Long Grain and Wild Rice
This is a quick and easy side dish that’s great for an intimate family dinner or for a large gathering of friends.
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- two 6-ounce packages long grain and wild rice with seasonings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Prepare wild rice according to package instructions in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter and sauté onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 7 to 10 more minutes. Pour in chicken stock, salt and dried thyme and cook until the chicken stock is reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat and stir mushroom mixture into the cooked rice and top with fresh parsley, if using. Serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!
Shiitake Salad Wraps from @sandra.urbangarden are packed with veggies and flavor.view Recipe