One-Pan Marsala-Inspired Chicken and Veggies
Tender chicken thighs are coated in a delectable mushroom sauce that comes together in one pan, in mere minutes. This is a recipe all mushroom lovers must try!
Recipe courtesy of Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.
For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat cut off
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 16 ounces sliced crimini or white button mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala or Port wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate. The chicken may not be completely cooked through, but it will finish cooking in the sauce.
- To make the sauce, add an additional tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Sauté onion and mushrooms over medium to medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes, until the wine is reduced in half. Then add the broth and flour. Mix together until the flour is dissolved. Add the chicken thighs back to the pan. Bring sauce back to a boil and let boil for another 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165°F. Garnish with parsley before serving.
If you like this, try these:
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe
Add nutritious ingredients, like mushrooms, spinach and sweet potatoes, to your plate, with this delicious blended recipe from @seasonal_cravings.view Recipe
Blended Asian Beef Bowl with Cucumber and Carrot Saladview Recipe