One Pot Mushroom Hotdish
- 24 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ bag frozen tater tots
- In a cast iron skillet, sauté the mushrooms until they have released all of their liquid, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter until melted, then cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and spices, along with salt to taste, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk together the stock and cornstarch, then stir into the onion mixture. Stir in the heavy cream and add the mushrooms back to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Top with most of the cheese, then layer the tater tots evenly. Sprinkle on the last bit of cheese and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
If you like this, try these:
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe
Add nutritious ingredients, like mushrooms, spinach and sweet potatoes, to your plate, with this delicious blended recipe from @seasonal_cravings.view Recipe
Blended Asian Beef Bowl with Cucumber and Carrot Saladview Recipe