Pan-Roasted Mushrooms with Scrambled EggsPrint
Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking shares a recipe for Pan Roasted Mushrooms that will make you rethink your basic scrambled eggs.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 large eggs
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil over high heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms, dried thyme and garlic powder and sauté for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and their flavor deepens, almost to the point of caramelization to bring out their earthly and decadent flavor. Once fully cooked, remove from the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add a touch more olive oil or butter if needed and heat over medium high heat. In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together. Carefully pour the eggs into the hot pan and using a spatula, slowly drag it along the bottom of the pan allowing the eggs to cook slowly and evenly.
- Once the eggs are cooked, season them with salt and pepper and transfer even portions to 4 plates. Add equal amounts of mushrooms to all 4 plates and sprinkle with chives and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe