Pan-Roasted Mushrooms with Scrambled EggsPrint
Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking shares a recipe for Pan Roasted Mushrooms that will make you rethink your basic scrambled eggs.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 large eggs
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil over high heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms, dried thyme and garlic powder and sauté for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and their flavor deepens, almost to the point of caramelization to bring out their earthly and decadent flavor. Once fully cooked, remove from the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, add a touch more olive oil or butter if needed and heat over medium high heat. In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together. Carefully pour the eggs into the hot pan and using a spatula, slowly drag it along the bottom of the pan allowing the eggs to cook slowly and evenly.
- Once the eggs are cooked, season them with salt and pepper and transfer even portions to 4 plates. Add equal amounts of mushrooms to all 4 plates and sprinkle with chives and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe