Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom SaucePrint
Traditional creamy mushroom sauces usually contain butter, heavy cream and cheese. This version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and made with clean, healthy ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of The Healthy Family and Home.
- 1 pound cooked organic pasta (16 ounces, gluten-free, if necessary)
For the asparagus
- 12 stalks organic asparagus (diced)
- 2 teaspoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 – 2 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the sauce
- 4 cups organic crimini mushrooms (or white button mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1 1/2 cup distilled/purified water
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic shallots (diced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the pasta: Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare the asparagus: In a skillet, add all the ingredients for the asparagus (diced asparagus, olive oil, garlic, Himalayan pink salt) and saute on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: Add all the ingredients for the mushroom sauce to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Assembly: In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, diced/sauteed asparagus and mushroom sauce together and gently toss until it is well combined.
Best when served immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe