Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom SaucePrint
Traditional creamy mushroom sauces usually contain butter, heavy cream and cheese. This version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and made with clean, healthy ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of The Healthy Family and Home.
- 1 pound cooked organic pasta (16 ounces, gluten-free, if necessary)
For the asparagus
- 12 stalks organic asparagus (diced)
- 2 teaspoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 – 2 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the sauce
- 4 cups organic crimini mushrooms (or white button mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1 1/2 cup distilled/purified water
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic shallots (diced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the pasta: Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare the asparagus: In a skillet, add all the ingredients for the asparagus (diced asparagus, olive oil, garlic, Himalayan pink salt) and saute on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: Add all the ingredients for the mushroom sauce to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Assembly: In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, diced/sauteed asparagus and mushroom sauce together and gently toss until it is well combined.
Best when served immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe