Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom SaucePrint
Traditional creamy mushroom sauces usually contain butter, heavy cream and cheese. This version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and made with clean, healthy ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of The Healthy Family and Home.
- 1 pound cooked organic pasta (16 ounces, gluten-free, if necessary)
For the asparagus
- 12 stalks organic asparagus (diced)
- 2 teaspoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 – 2 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the sauce
- 4 cups organic crimini mushrooms (or white button mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1 1/2 cup distilled/purified water
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic shallots (diced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the pasta: Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare the asparagus: In a skillet, add all the ingredients for the asparagus (diced asparagus, olive oil, garlic, Himalayan pink salt) and saute on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: Add all the ingredients for the mushroom sauce to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Assembly: In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, diced/sauteed asparagus and mushroom sauce together and gently toss until it is well combined.
Best when served immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe