Roasted Mushroom Parsnip Soup
Soup weather is here, meaning it’s time to get out of the cold and curl up with a big bowl (or two!). This creamy soup by Chez Us is rich, smooth, and believe it or not, doesn’t contain any dairy. It’s a great option for lunch or dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Chez Us.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup leek, whites only, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- sprigs of thyme
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Place the parsnips on a baking sheet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top and toss to mix. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the parsnips from the oven and add the mushrooms. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top, using a spoon stir to mix. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a dutch oven heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium low heat, then add the leeks. Stir and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add 1 of the cloves of garlic (the smashed one). Stir.
- Then add the mushroom mixture, thyme and the stock. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a very low simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor, in batches puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return to the dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper then gently reheat over very low heat.
- In a small saucepan heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms, stir and cook until lightly golden. This will take about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve place some of the soup in a soup bowl, garnish with some of the shiitake mushrooms and a sprig of thyme.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!