Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad with Orange Curry Vinaigrette
This grain salad is bursting with the flavors of earthy mushrooms, nutty grains, and a hint of citrus. Feel free to substitute any of your favorites grains for the wheat berries such as farro, pearled couscous, or brown rice.
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries, warm
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully stir the mushrooms, and bake for 5 more minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a medium bowl. Add the wheat berries, green onions, and cranberries.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to mix all ingredients. Serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe