Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad with Orange Curry Vinaigrette
This grain salad is bursting with the flavors of earthy mushrooms, nutty grains, and a hint of citrus. Feel free to substitute any of your favorites grains for the wheat berries such as farro, pearled couscous, or brown rice.
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries, warm
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully stir the mushrooms, and bake for 5 more minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a medium bowl. Add the wheat berries, green onions, and cranberries.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to mix all ingredients. Serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe