Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad with Orange Curry Vinaigrette
This grain salad is bursting with the flavors of earthy mushrooms, nutty grains, and a hint of citrus. Feel free to substitute any of your favorites grains for the wheat berries such as farro, pearled couscous, or brown rice.
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries, warm
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully stir the mushrooms, and bake for 5 more minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a medium bowl. Add the wheat berries, green onions, and cranberries.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to mix all ingredients. Serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
Whip up vegetarian blended mushroom and lentil meatballs for an easy and nutritious meal from @mommafitlyndsey.view Recipe
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe