Roasted Oyster Mushrooms with Arugula and Walnuts
This simple salad has layers of peppery, earthy, and nutty flavors! It makes an ideal starter for a healthy meal or add it alongside roasted meats for a flavorful side dish. It comes together in just a few minutes and it can be served warm or at room temperature. It’s also easy to multiply the recipe if you need to serve a small crowd.
- 10 ounces oyster mushrooms*, gently separated into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup packed arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional olive oil for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss gently and spread back into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Check the mushrooms. If any liquid has formed on the sheet pan, carefully drain it off. Roast the mushrooms for 5 to 10 more minutes, until browned and tender.
- Add the arugula to a serving plate. Top with the mushrooms and toss gently. Sprinkle the walnuts over the salad. Garnish with additional olive oil, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Any color of oyster mushroom will work for this recipe (gray, blue, pink, yellow).
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!