Roasted Oyster Mushrooms with Arugula and Walnuts
This simple salad has layers of peppery, earthy, and nutty flavors! It makes an ideal starter for a healthy meal or add it alongside roasted meats for a flavorful side dish. It comes together in just a few minutes and it can be served warm or at room temperature. It’s also easy to multiply the recipe if you need to serve a small crowd.
- 10 ounces oyster mushrooms*, gently separated into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup packed arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional olive oil for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss gently and spread back into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Check the mushrooms. If any liquid has formed on the sheet pan, carefully drain it off. Roast the mushrooms for 5 to 10 more minutes, until browned and tender.
- Add the arugula to a serving plate. Top with the mushrooms and toss gently. Sprinkle the walnuts over the salad. Garnish with additional olive oil, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Any color of oyster mushroom will work for this recipe (gray, blue, pink, yellow).
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe