Sauteed Mushroom and Brie Puff Pastry BitesPrint
Baby portabellas pair beautifully with the brie, or use a blend to top these delicious puff pastry bites.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- seventeen 3 ounce puff pastry sheets (1 box) – thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms – sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2–3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and cook until softened. Add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add wine and cook until wine has completed reduce and mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal portions.
- To assemble: Place a slice of brie into center of each puff pastry square. Top with a spoonful of mushroom mixture. Fold pastry into a triangle. Seal using a fork. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining squares.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve warm!
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe