Sauteed Mushroom and Brie Puff Pastry BitesPrint
Baby portabellas pair beautifully with the brie, or use a blend to top these delicious puff pastry bites.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- seventeen 3 ounce puff pastry sheets (1 box) – thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms – sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2–3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and cook until softened. Add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add wine and cook until wine has completed reduce and mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal portions.
- To assemble: Place a slice of brie into center of each puff pastry square. Top with a spoonful of mushroom mixture. Fold pastry into a triangle. Seal using a fork. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining squares.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve warm!
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe