Sauteed Mushroom and Brie Puff Pastry BitesPrint
Baby portabellas pair beautifully with the brie, or use a blend to top these delicious puff pastry bites.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- seventeen 3 ounce puff pastry sheets (1 box) – thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms – sliced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2–3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and cook until softened. Add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add wine and cook until wine has completed reduce and mushrooms are cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal portions.
- To assemble: Place a slice of brie into center of each puff pastry square. Top with a spoonful of mushroom mixture. Fold pastry into a triangle. Seal using a fork. Transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining squares.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve warm!
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe