Seven-Minute Spring Ramen Bowl
Brooke from Cheeky Kitchen shares an updated veggie-filled version of a college staple, without losing the college budget.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 packet ramen, chicken flavored
- ½ cup asparagus spears, cut to 3” length
- 1 ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 ½ tablespoon sesame, avocado, or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon scallions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- In a medium pot, cook ramen according to package directions. One minute before ramen is done, toss asparagus spears in to the pot. Transfer to two bowls.
- Add mushrooms and oil to the pot. Turn stove burner to medium-high heat. Spread mushrooms flat on the bottom of the pot, sprinkle with lemon pepper, and cook until golden brown. Transfer mushrooms to soup bowl.
- Add 2 cups of water to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar to boiling water, then gently crack one egg on each side of the pot. Immediately turn off burner, but leave the pot on the hot burner.
- Use a fork to gently pull the eggs whites toward the center of your egg, giving it a nice round shape. Allow eggs to sit in hot water for 4 minutes, then use a large slotted spoon to gently remove and place one egg on top of each ramen bowl.
- Garnish bowls with chopped scallions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!