Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy. Portobello mushrooms offer the perfect meaty bite for a plant-forward healthy dinner.
- 2 medium yellow and/or red onions, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 6 6-inch whole wheat or corn tortillas*
- Optional toppings: avocado, salsa, hot sauce, shredded lettuce and/or cabbage, chopped tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large 18- x 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl toss together onions, peppers, and mushrooms with oil and spices. Distribute on the large baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until veggies are soft to fork and slightly browned at the edges.
Heat tortillas in a hot pan over medium heat, if desired. Divide the portobello mushroom fajita mixture into 6 tortillas. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Author: Chelsey Amer, MS, RD
If you like this, try these:
Whip up vegetarian blended mushroom and lentil meatballs for an easy and nutritious meal from @mommafitlyndsey.view Recipe
Try out this delicious vegan, one-pot recipe featuring roasted portabella mushrooms and tomato garlic sauce from @theglobalvegetarian.view Recipe