Shiitake Mushroom Ramen To-Go
Create a comforting lunch to-go with ramen in a jar! Earthy shiitake mushrooms and noodles in a rich broth will brighten your lunchtime and fill you up for the afternoon. You can choose any of your favorite Asian-style noodles, but ramen or yakisoba work especially well in this recipe.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon paste or broth base
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian-style hot sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 5 green onions, white and green portion sliced
- 8 ounces Asian noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- four 16-ounce wide-mouth jars with lids
- ¾ cup boiling water for each jar, when ready to serve
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir bouillon paste, soy sauce and hot sauce in a small bowl. Spoon equal amount into bottom of each jar.
- Divide carrots in two portions. Sprinkle ¼ cup of carrots into each jar. Top with an equal amount of green onions and remaining carrots. Add mushrooms to jars and top with 2 ounces of noodles.
- Lastly, add ¼ cup of diced cucumber and 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Store jars in the refrigerator for up to three days. When ready to serve, boil ¾ cup of water. Pour water into the jar. Stir well and enjoy.
Shiitake, Shiitake Mushrooms, Ramen, Ramen in a Jar, Yakisoba