Shrimp Codd Salad with Smashed Potatoes and Mushrooms
This unique spin on a cobb salad features everything you love about a traditional cobb with the addition of delicious smashed potatoes and crimini mushrooms. Served with chunky homemade blue cheese dressing, this crowd-pleasing salad will be your new go-to.
- 1 package Side Delights Steamables Red Potatoes, cooked according to package instructions and cooled slightly
- 4 eggs
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Smash potatoes using a potato masher and set aside.
- In a small pot, pour in about 3 inches of cold water. Gently place 4 eggs in the water and turn heat on to medium. When the water starts to boil, turn heat off, cover, and set a timer for 6 minutes. When timer rings, drain off boiling water, fill the pot with ice and add water. Allow the eggs to completely cool, then crack the shell, carefully peel, and cut in half lengthwise and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add oil and heat until rippling. Place shrimp in the skillet and cook for 30 to 45 seconds on each side. The shrimp are cooked when they’re bright red. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise, crumbled blue cheese and white wine vinegar until combined.
- Assemble the salad. In four bowls, arrange 1 cup of baby spinach on one side and ½ cup of arugula on the other side. Drizzle Blue Cheese Dressing on top of the greens. Top each bowl with a generous portion of smashed potatoes, 1 egg, 3 shrimp, a handful of diced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and avocado slices.
If you like this, try these:
This salad is packed full of veggies and sure to be a crowd-pleaser!view Recipe
Rotisserie chicken, crispy red potatoes and flavorful roasted mushrooms sit atop a bed of nutritious greens. This salad is the perfect excuse to use leftover rotisserie chicken.view Recipe
This unique spin on a cobb salad features everything you love about a traditional cobb with the addition of delicious smashed potatoes and crimini mushrooms.view Recipe