Shrimp & Mushroom Salad
Salads don’t need to be boring! Combine mushrooms and shrimp for this hearty superstar salad from Cara Harbstreet! Watch Cara’s video breakdown of the salad.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 10 ounces mushrooms (any variety will work, we used oysters and royal trumpets)
- 12 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salad greens like baby spinach, spring mix, or arugula
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 small red onion, sliced crosswise
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons each of sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Minced garlic and ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the dressing, as it doubles as a glaze for the shrimp. Use about ⅓ of the mixture to coat the shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer along with the sliced onions and mushrooms. If needed, slice the royal trumpet mushrooms in half lengthwise to lay flat on the sheet pan for better browning.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked and the mushrooms start to brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Build your salad: add greens to a pair of bowls and top with carrots, bean sprouts, roasted onions and mushrooms and shrimp.
- Add the remaining dressing and garnish with sesame seeds for a little extra crunch and flavor. Enjoy!