Shrimp & Mushroom Salad
Salads don’t need to be boring! Combine mushrooms and shrimp for this hearty superstar salad from Cara Harbstreet! Watch Cara’s video breakdown of the salad.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 10 ounces mushrooms (any variety will work, we used oysters and king trumpets)
- 12 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salad greens like baby spinach, spring mix, or arugula
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 small red onion, sliced crosswise
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons each of sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Minced garlic and ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the dressing, as it doubles as a glaze for the shrimp. Use about ⅓ of the mixture to coat the shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer along with the sliced onions and mushrooms. If needed, slice the king trumpet mushrooms in half lengthwise to lay flat on the sheet pan for better browning.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked and the mushrooms start to brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Build your salad: add greens to a pair of bowls and top with carrots, bean sprouts, roasted onions and mushrooms and shrimp.
- Add the remaining dressing and garnish with sesame seeds for a little extra crunch and flavor. Enjoy!