Spicy Ginger Mushroom Noodles
If you like spicy, savory, saucy bowls of noodles, you’re going to love this one!
- 12 oz. any variety or assortment of mushrooms, sliced (pictured are shiitake, oyster and enoki*)
- 1 cup of shredded or thinly sliced carrots
- 2 heads of baby bok choy, sliced with leafy greens separated
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin with green tops separated
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Ginger and garlic to taste
- 1/2 lb of ramen-style or yakisoba noodles (or 2–3 packages instant ramen noodles)
- Plenty of chili oil + toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Peanut oil (or any oil with high smoke point and neutral flavor)
Tip: Make sure you have all your ingredients prepped in advance, this recipe moves fast once you start cooking!
- Pre-cook your noodles and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- For the sauce, whisk together veggie broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red chili flakes, minced garlic and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Preheat your wok or skillet to super high heat and add peanut oil. Cook in batches to not overcrowd the pan. In order of longest cooking time to shortest:
- Carrots + shiitakes, then the oyster and enoki mushrooms.
- Transfer out, then add the bok choy (minus the greens), the white bottoms of the green onions, and the ginger and garlic.
- Make some room then add the sauce and stir in the noodles.
- Finally, add back the cooked mushrooms and carrots.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions, and as much chili oil as you like.
Tip: You can add chicken, eggs, or shrimp to make it an all-in-one meal.
*Enoki mushrooms should not be eaten raw and should always be thoroughly cooked before consuming.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!