Surf and Turf Shrimp Portabella FajitasPrint
Shaina from Food for My Family demonstrates that the sun is not the only thing bringing a sizzle to al fresco dining this summer with her Surf and Turf Shrimp and Portabella Fajitas.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- seasoning blend below
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8–10 warmed 8 inch flour tortillas
- chopped romaine lettuce
- pico de gallo
- avocado slices
- mango/pineapple salsa
- Marinate the mushrooms and the shrimp in lime juice for 10 minutes while you prepare the seasoning blend. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning blend over the mushroom caps and shrimp.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium to large skillet or cast iron pan. Add the mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn and continue cooking until soft and tender all the way through, another 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the bell peppers and red onion to the skillet and cook until seared. Vegetables should remain crisp. Remove from the skillet and set aside along with the mushroom caps.
- Now add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, just until they turn pink and opaque. Remove them from the heat. Slice the mushrooms into strips and add them and the vegetables back to the skillet with the shrimp for serving.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas and toppings.
These fajitas can be made on a grill. Oil the grill, the mushrooms themselves and the shrimp before grilling.
If you like this, try these:
Have your steak and eat it too…with portabella mushrooms! Enjoy premium ingredients (like a nice steak!) without going over budget.view Recipe
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe