Blended Mushroom & Lentil Meatballs
Whip up vegetarian blended mushroom and lentil meatballs for an easy and nutritious meal from @mommafitlyndsey.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 3 large Portabella or 10 Crimini mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Add the 1/8 cup of olive oil to a large frying pan and sauté the onions, carrots and celery over medium-high heat, for about 15-20 minutes. Cook lentils according to packaged directions and set aside.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, lightly browned and most of the moisture from the mushrooms has come off.
- Add the tomato paste, stirring constantly, and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add oats, walnuts and garlic to food processor.
- Pulse oats, walnuts and garlic in a food processor until they are bread crumb consistency.
- Add in cooked veggies and pulse until well incorporated. Remove mixture and put into a bowl.
- Add lentils and seasonings.
- Mix together well. Scoop out meatballs using an ice cream scoop to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes (monitor the meatballs during the last few minutes of cooking so they do not burn).