White Bean Dip with Mushrooms
This bean dip can be served warm or chilled! Cannellini beans are blended with herbs, spices, and a touch of tangy Greek yogurt. It’s served with a generous topping of meaty sauteed mushrooms. Pair it with your favorite whole grain tortilla chips or crackers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained, but not rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cook, stirring often, just until it turns golden, but not brown, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and transfer half the garlic and oil to a food processor and leave the remaining in the skillet.
- Return the heat to medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook until dark brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the beans, chives, salt, pepper, and paprika to the food processor. Pulse 8 to 10 times in short bursts until the beans are chopped, but thick and chunky. Remove the blade and stir in the yogurt.
- Transfer to a serving plate or shallow bowl. Top with the mushrooms. Drizzle with more olive oil. Then garnish with parsley and flaked sea salt before serving.
If you like this, try these:
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe