Zesty Crimini “Chicken” NuggetsPrint
When the craving for crispy chicken nuggets strikes, enjoy these crispy, baked crimini nuggets without the extra processing, added sodium, and guilt.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans
- ½ cups sweet corn
- ½ jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cholula Chile Lime Hot Sauce
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms, black beans, corn, jalepeno, garlic, cilantro, and green onions into food processor. Blend until the consistency of ground beef.
- Whip egg, hot sauce, cumin and salt together in medium size bowl. Add mushroom mixture, whole wheat flour, and oats to egg mixture. Mix to blend.
- Place panko in shallow baking dish. Coat 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture with panko and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Cook for 14 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe