Zesty Crimini “Chicken” NuggetsPrint
When the craving for crispy chicken nuggets strikes, enjoy these crispy, baked crimini nuggets without the extra processing, added sodium, and guilt.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans
- ½ cups sweet corn
- ½ jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cholula Chile Lime Hot Sauce
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms, black beans, corn, jalepeno, garlic, cilantro, and green onions into food processor. Blend until the consistency of ground beef.
- Whip egg, hot sauce, cumin and salt together in medium size bowl. Add mushroom mixture, whole wheat flour, and oats to egg mixture. Mix to blend.
- Place panko in shallow baking dish. Coat 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture with panko and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Cook for 14 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this, try these:
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe