Zesty Crimini “Chicken” NuggetsPrint
When the craving for crispy chicken nuggets strikes, enjoy these crispy, baked crimini nuggets without the extra processing, added sodium, and guilt.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans
- ½ cups sweet corn
- ½ jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cholula Chile Lime Hot Sauce
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms, black beans, corn, jalepeno, garlic, cilantro, and green onions into food processor. Blend until the consistency of ground beef.
- Whip egg, hot sauce, cumin and salt together in medium size bowl. Add mushroom mixture, whole wheat flour, and oats to egg mixture. Mix to blend.
- Place panko in shallow baking dish. Coat 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture with panko and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Cook for 14 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe