Asian Lettuce WrapsPrint
Lighten up lettuce wraps by blending half the beef with meaty tasting mushrooms.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Place the mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add ground beef; pulse until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom mixture and seasoning blend. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes until browned.
- Stir in red pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat. Serve in Boston lettuce leaves garnished with shredded carrot and chopped cashews.
Pack leftover mushroom mixture and lettuce separately to take for lunch the next day.
If you like this, try these:
Make this Bánh Mì Blended Burger from Alison Fagan, winner of the professional category in the 2021 Food Network Blended Burger Contest.view Recipe
“Oyster mushrooms have an uncanny resemblance to chicken in taste and texture, making them perfect for this take on buffalo chicken in a burger.” – 2021 Blended Burger Contest Winner Wendy Tienview Recipe