Basic Mushroom Meat Blend
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Place a 12-inch frying pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add the mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Add half the salt to the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add the ground meat and remaining salt. Stir well to break up the meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through, about another 10 minutes. Add water as needed if mixture is dry.
Use in recipes as you would use ground meat.
If you like this, try these:
This recipe uses a blend of lean ground turkey and white button mushrooms to create a hearty filling for tender sweet potatoes. Skip the oven and simply microwave the potatoes until tender for a quick dinner. Pair with a simple salad for a meal.view Recipe
Umami-rich mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect Italian-style meatball. Serve with marinara and spaghetti or toss with a Teriyaki sauce and serve as an appetizer.view Recipe