Umami-rich mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect Italian-style meatball. Serve with marinara and spaghetti or toss with a Teriyaki sauce and serve as an appetizer.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, seasoning, onion, garlic breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach 160°F, are cooked through and center is no longer pink.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
If you like this, try these:
Make better-tasting breakfast sausage from scratch by adding the nutrition and flavor of sauteed mushrooms with this recipe from Serena Ball, MS, RD.view Recipe
Hearty mushrooms are blended with ground pork to create an easy taco filling that mimics the flavors of traditional al pastor.view Recipe
These party meatballs stay juicy by using a blend of lamb and mushrooms. Inspired by the filling of dolmas, they are loaded with aromatic fresh herbs, and rice adds tenderness to each bite. The simple dipping sauce offers a tangy twist for an appetizer that is sure to disappear quickly!view Recipe