Umami-rich mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect Italian-style meatball. Serve with marinara and spaghetti or toss with a Teriyaki sauce and serve as an appetizer.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, seasoning, onion, garlic breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach 160°F, are cooked through and center is no longer pink.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
If you like this, try these:
This recipe uses a blend of lean ground turkey and white button mushrooms to create a hearty filling for tender sweet potatoes. Skip the oven and simply microwave the potatoes until tender for a quick dinner. Pair with a simple salad for a meal.view Recipe
Umami-rich mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect Italian-style meatball. Serve with marinara and spaghetti or toss with a Teriyaki sauce and serve as an appetizer.view Recipe