Umami-rich mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect Italian-style meatball. Serve with marinara and spaghetti or toss with a Teriyaki sauce and serve as an appetizer.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, seasoning, onion, garlic breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach 160°F, are cooked through and center is no longer pink.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
If you like this, try these:
Make this Bánh Mì Blended Burger from Alison Fagan, winner of the professional category in the 2021 Food Network Blended Burger Contest.view Recipe
“Oyster mushrooms have an uncanny resemblance to chicken in taste and texture, making them perfect for this take on buffalo chicken in a burger.” – 2021 Blended Burger Contest Winner Wendy Tienview Recipe