Blended Pasta Sauce
Easy weeknight blended pasta sauce is on the way!
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Pound of your favorite mushroom variety, finely chopped (suggested: crimini)
1 Pound 80/20 ground beef
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 (24-oz) jar store-bought marinara sauce
Pasta of choice
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms to onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and reduced in size.
- Add ground beef, Italian seasoning and salt to mushroom mixture and cook until totally browned (about 6 minutes), stirring and breaking up any lumps. Skim off fat leaving about 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in marinara sauce and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta of choice, season with salt and pepper and top with grated Parmesan.