Blended Potato Lasagna Bowl with Pesto Ricotta
Thinly-sliced yellow potatoes act as noodles, while a mushroom beef mixture acts as the filling for a healthier twist on a favorite. Take taste buds on a flavor journey through layers of potato, portabella mushrooms, marinara, pesto and ricotta in these single-serve lasagna bowls.
- 1 Package Side Delights Steamables Yellow Potatoes, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, finely chopped by hand or with food processor
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup pesto
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, sliced into ¼ inch strips and roasted (see below)
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss mushrooms in vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread mushrooms onto baking sheet and roast for approximately 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice potatoes into discs and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add finely chopped crimini mushrooms and ground beef. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese and pesto and set aside.
- Distribute half of the sliced potatoes evenly among four microwave-safe serving bowls. Arrange the discs so that the base of each bowl is completely covered. This will act as the first layer of the lasagna.
- Spoon ¼ cup of marinara sauce into each bowl and spread to cover the potato base.
- Next, arrange portabella slices in an even layer. Spread ¼ cup of ricotta pesto mixture on top of the portabella slices, then another layer of marinara on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Spoon ½ cup of the mushroom meat mixture on top of the marinara and spread into an even layer. Then, another layer of potato discs.
- Top each bowl with grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Heat bowls in microwave for approximately 2 minutes each, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is hot.
Tip: Get the kiddos in the kitchen to help assemble the lasagna bowls! They will have a blast getting their hands dirty and making their own, customized bowl.
If you like this, try these:
One of our most flavorful burgers yet! Combine Mexican chorizo, beef and mushrooms for an umami-packed burger.view Recipe
Put a spin on a fast food fave by incorporating a blend of ground beef and crimini mushrooms to take the flavor to the next level.
Cheesy, spicy, and savory queso using The Blend!view Recipe