Blended Sausage and Mushroom Frittata with Potatoes and Goat Cheese
This frittata features hearty red potatoes, savory sausage blended with meaty mushrooms, and tangy goat cheese. Serve for brunch alongside fresh fruit or enjoy for dinner with a side salad.
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Side Delights Steamables Red Potatoes, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 to 12 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together eggs until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Use potato masher to smash potatoes into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mushrooms and sausage, mix until combined.* In a large, non-stick, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the mushroom sausage mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the smashed potatoes and peppers and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Distribute goat cheese evenly across the ingredients. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients and bake until eggs are set and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Run a rubber spatula between the frittata and pan to loosen the eggs and slide the whole frittata onto a cutting board. Cut into wedges.
*Tip: For a stronger umami flavor, roast or sauté finely chopped mushrooms prior to mixing with sausage.
If you like this, try these:
Take taste buds on a flavor journey through layers of potato, portabellas, marinara, pesto and ricotta in these single-serve lasagna bowls.view Recipe
This frittata features red potatoes, sausage blended with mushrooms, and goat cheese. Serve for brunch alongside fresh fruit or enjoy for dinner with a side salad.view Recipe