Blended Taco Pizza
Registered Dietitian Recipe
This fun and savory recipe is the combination of two super popular foods in the Western of the U.S. —pizza and tacos! The taco pizza topping is a yummy mushroom blend that is so tasty, you’ll want to use any leftovers to make tacos or nachos the next day.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2-pound lean 92/8 ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning blend (of your choice)
- 1 large pizza crust of your choice (whole wheat, cauliflower, gluten free, etc.)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, optional
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add sliced mushrooms to a food processor and pulse briefly until finely chopped with a similar texture to ground beef. In a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef with mushrooms, breaking the ground beef up into small pieces as it cooks. When halfway cooked, stir in the black pepper and taco seasoning. Add a couple tablespoons of water if needed for moisture. When fully cooked, remove from the heat.
- Place pizza dough or prepared pizza crust on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce over the pizza dough/crust, then top with the cheese and dot the top generously with the taco mixture. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish the top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and crushed tortilla chips. Add a swirl of yogurt or light sour cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 382
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 59 g