Cheesy Mushroom Sausage Pasta
Robyn from Add a Pinch shares a delicious family meal that takes less than 30 minutes from fridge to table.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one 12.8 ounce package smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pint portabella mushrooms, cut into quarters
- one 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces twirl, ribbon or elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
- Add olive oil and butter to a large, 12-inch skillet over medium-heat.
- Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until sausage has just begun to turn brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Add pasta and stir to make sure well-combined. Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and fresh parsley. Serve warm.
If you like this, try these:
We love using oyster mushrooms as a crispy topping over this pasta from @baileyvantassel.view Recipe
This pasta is flavor packed and loaded with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, veggie pasta and chicken. It’s a 30 minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!view Recipe
The ultimate comfort food, this creamy mac & cheese is taken to the next level with crispy bacon, mushrooms and tasty red potatoes.view Recipe