Chili Loaded Baked Potatoes
Looking for a weeknight meal that comes together in a snap? These Mexican style baked potatoes combine all the fun flavors of Mexico into a meal the whole family will love.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 8 ounces (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound (225g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 tablespoon adobo peppers in chipotle sauce, puréed
- 1 can (26 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (4.2 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8.4 ounces) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup (8.4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce potatoes, several times, with a fork and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until softened all the way through.
- While potatoes bake, place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms, onion and beef, approximately 10 minutes. Add garlic, Tex-Mex seasoning, adobo peppers and tomatoes. Simmer 15-20 minutes allowing flavors to combine and sauce to thicken.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise and spoon in meat mixture. Top with black beans, corn cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro. Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.