Easy Ground Chicken Ravioli with Mushroom Sauce
This flavorful ravioli comes together quickly thanks to packaged wonton wrappers. A creamy bechamel style sauce complements the roasted mushrooms perfectly.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 package (about 48) wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces fresh mixed mushrooms (portabella, shiitake, oyster), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Place crimini mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms, chicken, onion, garlic, sage and rosemary for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Use spatula to break up large pieces of chicken.
- To assemble ravioli, place a few wontons on work surface (keeping other ones covered so as not to dry out); spoon filling in center of each. Brush water around the outside edges of each wrapper; top with second wrapper. Press out air and edges to seal. Place on a damp towel-lined baking sheet and cover with damp towel while making remaining ravioli.
- Place chopped mushrooms on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast mushrooms in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a large suacepan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux. Slowly begin to whisk in milk; this will make a paste. Continue whisking until all milk has been added. Continue whisking over medium-low heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in nutmeg, Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Let cool, stirring occassionally to prevent a skin from forming.
- In a large saucepan, of gently boiling water, cook a few ravioli in batches, about 4 minutes or until tender but firm. Remove with slotted spoon and keep warm while cooking remaining ravioli.
- Divide ravioli between 4 bowls. Spoon sauce evenly over ravioli and top with roasted mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and leaves of fresh sage.