Easy Portabella Burgers
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Chipotle mayo
- Sliced red onions
- Tomato slices
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Remove the stems* from the mushrooms and clean the caps with a damp paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl and brush with the marinade.
- In a large skillet, sear the mushrooms at medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side until the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve mushrooms on toasted burger buns with desired toppings. Enjoy!
*Save the stems for stocks, soups or for use in The Blend.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!