Egg Drop Soup
This classic Egg Drop Soup is easy and tastes even better than the restaurant version.
Recipe courtesy of American Egg Board.
- 1 gallon chicken broth
- 14 ounces egg whites* (12 eggs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces (2 cups) trimmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In stock pot over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a simmer. Slowly stir in egg whites. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through until whites are thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, portion about 1/2 ounce shiitakes, 2 teaspoons green onions and 1 teaspoon cilantro into a soup bowl. Pour 1 1/2 cups eggs and broth into each bowl. Serve immediately.
*If using frozen or liquid egg white product.
Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).
If you like this, try these:
All the comforting flavors of lasagna with less work! Lasagna soup is packed with crimini mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and lasagna noodles.view Recipe
This easy soup is loaded with hearty oyster mushrooms and filling potatoes. The broth is smooth and buttery, but not too heavy making it a great option for a light lunch.view Recipe