Garlic Mashed Potato Bowl with Bacon and Roasted Mushrooms
Creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes meet with savory applewood smoked bacon and meaty mushrooms for an irresistible comfort classic. Serve on its own or alongside your favorite meatloaf or pork chop recipe.
- 2 packages Side Delights Russet Steamables, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, smashed
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, roasted or fried and cut crosswise into strips
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved and roasted (see below)
- Sour cream and minced chives for serving
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss mushrooms in vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mushrooms onto baking sheet and roast for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, add cooked potatoes, butter, sour cream, garlic, bacon and milk.
- Use a potato masher to combine, slowly adding more milk to reach desired consistency. Potatoes should be smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide between four bowls and top with mushrooms. Garnish with sour cream and chives to taste.
Customize by adjusting the amount of garlic and experimenting with other mix-ins such as cheese and herbs.
If you like this, try these:
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!
Shiitake Salad Wraps from @sandra.urbangarden are packed with veggies and flavor.view Recipe