Grilled Mushroom Cobb Salad
Meaty portabella mushrooms top this vegetarian Cobb salad, perfect for lunch or as a hearty side salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing, or more to taste
- 6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Wish together oil, salt and pepper and brush mushroom strips and red peppers with mixture. Place red pepper pieces on a skewer and grill peppers and mushrooms, turning once, for about 10 minutes.
- Toss lettuce with vinaigrette and arrange on a shallow serving platter. Arrange mushrooms, roasted peppers, eggs and blue cheese in four “stripes” across the bed of lettuce. Serve chilled.
- Calories: 370 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Sodium: 650 milligrams
- Fat: 26 grams
- Saturated Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
- Cholesterol: 340 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
This simple salad pairs the tender yet hearty maitake mushrooms with nutty wild rice and crunchy walnuts. It is served at room temperature or chilled so you can take it along to your next picnic or potluck. You’ll need cooked and cooled wild rice before tossing this recipe together so be sure to plan ahead.view Recipe
This refreshing mushroom and chickpea salad can be served as a side or a main dish.view Recipe