Grilled Mushroom Cobb Salad
Meaty portabella mushrooms top this vegetarian Cobb salad, perfect for lunch or as a hearty side salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing, or more to taste
- 6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Wish together oil, salt and pepper and brush mushroom strips and red peppers with mixture. Place red pepper pieces on a skewer and grill peppers and mushrooms, turning once, for about 10 minutes.
- Toss lettuce with vinaigrette and arrange on a shallow serving platter. Arrange mushrooms, roasted peppers, eggs and blue cheese in four “stripes” across the bed of lettuce. Serve chilled.
- Calories: 370 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Sodium: 650 milligrams
- Fat: 26 grams
- Saturated Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
- Cholesterol: 340 milligrams
If you like this, try these:
This simple salad has layers of peppery, earthy, and nutty flavors! It makes an ideal starter for a healthy meal or add it alongside roasted meats for a flavorful side dish.view Recipe
This simple salad pairs the tender yet hearty maitake mushrooms with nutty wild rice and crunchy walnuts.view Recipe