Grilled Mushroom Kabobs
A favorite side that goes well with just about any menu are these grilled mushroom kabobs. So easy to assemble and marinate, then tossed onto the
grill for a few minutes to let the grill work its magic!
Recipe courtesy of Robyn of Add a Pinch.
- 1 pint whole mushrooms, portabella or white
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange ingredients on the skewers in the pattern you prefer. Place onto a rimmed platter or baking sheet.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade and pour over assembled skewers.
- Place kabobs onto grill heated to medium heat and cook 4 to 5 minutes on both sides for a total of 8 to 10 minutes. Remove kabobs to a serving tray.
If making ahead, cover tightly with wrap and place in the refrigerator until about 15 minutes prior to cooking.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
These mushrooms get a kick of spicy flavor from homemade chili oil! They can be served over grilled steaks or roasted poultry to add earthy heat to a special dinner.view Recipe