Grilled Rosemary Mushroom SkewersPrint
Paula from bell’alimento substitutes a rosemary sprig for a traditional skewer in this family-favorite mushroom recipe that’s perfect on the grill during a casual summer evening or large backyard get-together.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 8 medium button mushrooms – stems removed
- 4 grape tomatoes
- four 1 inch pieces yellow bell pepper
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, minced rosemary and salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove 75% of the rosemary needles from the rosemary sprigs creating a “skewer.”
- To assemble the skewers, place a mushroom, tomato, pepper and another mushroom onto an individual rosemary skewer. Continue until all skewers are complete.
- Brush marinade onto the skewers. Place the skewers onto the hot grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy.
Save the rosemary needles you remove from the “skewers” dry them out and save for later use.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe