Hot Pastrami on Rye with Sautéed Mushrooms
- 3–4 crimini mushrooms
- 3–4 Baby Bella mushrooms
- 3–4 White mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spicy mustard
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8–10 slices of pastrami
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Place a pan over medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add them to the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic and thyme. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the pastrami for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Divide the pastrami in the pan and add 2 slices of cheese to each. Cover with a top until the cheese is melted.
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Divide the cheese covered pastrami between 2 slices. Add mushrooms to each. Spread mustard on the remaining 2 slices of bread and add them to the tops of the 2 sandwiches. Serve.
If you like this, try these:
Explore the flavors of the West in this al pastor taco recipe featuring meaty portabella mushrooms, created by @loveinmybelly.view Recipe
Nothing says “Midwest” like a hotdish. Explore this Midwest favorite with a vegetarian twist using mushrooms, created by @forkinthekitchen.view Recipe