Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
These Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms require less than 10 ingredients and are ready in 20 minutes, making this the perfect weeknight recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Jenn Labonte (@jennlabfit).
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups light ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stem and scoop out the gills of the mushrooms. Wash gently and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush tops and insides of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Spoon ¼ cup of marinara sauce into each mushroom.
- In medium size bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, spinach and basil. Divide evenly into the four mushrooms.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are baked through.
- Enjoy immediately or store in fridge or freezer to enjoy later. For freezer storage, allow each mushroom to cool completely, wrap in foil then place in larger storage container.
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!