Lemon Thyme Marinated MushroomsPrint
Shaina of Food for My Family captures every last drop of summer with her versatile recipe for Lemon-Thyme Marinated Mushroom Antipasto.
Recipe courtesy of Shaina of Food for My Family.
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Rinse and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water, drain and rinse with cold water. Set on a towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, garlic, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper. Add in the mushrooms. Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with other antipasti or as suggested above.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe