Lemon Thyme Marinated MushroomsPrint
Shaina of Food for My Family captures every last drop of summer with her versatile recipe for Lemon-Thyme Marinated Mushroom Antipasto.
Recipe courtesy of Shaina of Food for My Family.
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Rinse and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water, drain and rinse with cold water. Set on a towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, garlic, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper. Add in the mushrooms. Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with other antipasti or as suggested above.
If you like this, try these:
With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.view Recipe
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe