Lemon Thyme Marinated MushroomsPrint
Shaina of Food for My Family captures every last drop of summer with her versatile recipe for Lemon-Thyme Marinated Mushroom Antipasto.
Recipe courtesy of Shaina of Food for My Family.
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Rinse and remove the stems from the mushrooms. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water, drain and rinse with cold water. Set on a towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, garlic, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper. Add in the mushrooms. Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with other antipasti or as suggested above.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe