Marinated Lion’s Mane “Crab”
When blanched in salted water, lion’s mane mushrooms remarkably take on a flavor and texture of succulent shellfish such as crab or lobster.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
1 lb Lion’s Mane Mushrooms, torn to resemble pieces of crab
4 Tbsp olive oil
½ lemon, zest + juice
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil; water should be salty like the sea.
- Tear Lion’s Mane in pieces sized to resemble picked crab meat while the water is coming to a boil.
- Drop mushrooms into boiling water and let simmer for 20 seconds, drain and immediately add to a medium mixing bowl.
- To warm mushrooms, add olive oil, lemon juice + zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy in any recipe where you would use shellfish, including over salads or as a topping to avocado toast.