Mushroom Chipotle ChiliPrint
- 4 pounds mushroom and meat base
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 each poblano green chilies, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons oregano, dried
- one 16 ounce can crushed tomato with liquid
- one 12 ounce bottle lager beer
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- Season the mushroom and meat mixture with salt and pepper as needed.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Add the onions, garlic and chilies to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the mixture is tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add the herbs chipotle and spices and saute for 5 minutes, then add the mushroom meat blend and stir to mix well.
- Add the beer and tomatoes to the pan and bring to a slow simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook over very low heat or in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Check the chili periodically, stirring as needed.
If you like this, try these:
All the comforting flavors of lasagna with less work! Lasagna soup is packed with crimini mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and lasagna noodles.view Recipe
This easy soup is loaded with hearty oyster mushrooms and filling potatoes. The broth is smooth and buttery, but not too heavy making it a great option for a light lunch.view Recipe