Mushroom Meatloaf with Mushroom GravyPrint
- 1 pound mushrooms, button, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1.5 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, mushroom and remaining 10 ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixture into 7 x 5 inch loaf baking pan or shape into free form loaf and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook and stir over moderate heat until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
If you like this, try these:
Explore the flavors of the West in this al pastor taco recipe featuring meaty portabella mushrooms, created by @loveinmybelly.view Recipe
Nothing says “Midwest” like a hotdish. Explore this Midwest favorite with a vegetarian twist using mushrooms, created by @forkinthekitchen.view Recipe