Mushroom Meatloaf with Mushroom GravyPrint
- 1 pound mushrooms, button, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1.5 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, mushroom and remaining 10 ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixture into 7 x 5 inch loaf baking pan or shape into free form loaf and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook and stir over moderate heat until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
If you like this, try these:
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe
This easy soup is loaded with hearty oyster mushrooms and filling potatoes. The broth is smooth and buttery, but not too heavy making it a great option for a light lunch.view Recipe