Mushroom Veggie Burger
Satisfy your appetite for a veggie burger that’s easy and healthy. Serve like a regular burger, on a fresh roll with your favorite condiments.
Recipe courtesy of The Recipe Redux.
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups white beans
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s 21 Season Salute
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Slice shiitake mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes in olive oil.
- In a food processor combine beans, barley and mushrooms and pulse until a thick crumb. Combine beans, barley and mushroom mix with spices with your hands in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Using your hands, form 10 patties and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until brown. Serve on a bun with your favorite condiments, alongside salad or fries!
If you like this, try these:
Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.view Recipe
This sautéed mushroom pate from @lucimorsels is delicious on toast and so easy to make!