Mushroom Veggie Burger
Satisfy your appetite for a veggie burger that’s easy and healthy. Serve like a regular burger, on a fresh roll with your favorite condiments.
Recipe courtesy of The Recipe Redux.
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups white beans
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s 21 Season Salute
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Slice shiitake mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes in olive oil.
- In a food processor combine beans, barley and mushrooms and pulse until a thick crumb. Combine beans, barley and mushroom mix with spices with your hands in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Using your hands, form 10 patties and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until brown. Serve on a bun with your favorite condiments, alongside salad or fries!
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe