Pasta with Creamy Mushroom SaucePrint
Rather than tossing mushrooms into your next pasta, infuse them directly into your sauce with this versatile recipe from Bell’Alimento.
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 8 ounces whole baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and minced, mushroom caps quartered
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Drain pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and minced mushroom stems. Cook for approximately 5-6 until softened. Stir as necessary.
- Add mushroom caps, cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add cheese and drained pasta. Stir to combine. If sauce is too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional cheese if desired.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe