Pasta with Creamy Mushroom SaucePrint
Rather than tossing mushrooms into your next pasta, infuse them directly into your sauce with this versatile recipe from Bell’Alimento.
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 8 ounces whole baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and minced, mushroom caps quartered
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Drain pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and minced mushroom stems. Cook for approximately 5-6 until softened. Stir as necessary.
- Add mushroom caps, cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add cheese and drained pasta. Stir to combine. If sauce is too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with additional cheese if desired.
If you like this, try these:
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious, and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy.view Recipe
Mushrooms will become your new favorite snack with this vegetarian jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RD!view Recipe
Add a creative twist to your meal with these vegetarian scallops made from trumpet mushrooms. The mushroom scallops are browned and cooked until tender. A drizzle of nutty, caramelized brown butter and vibrant thyme send them over the top!view Recipe