Pesto Portabella Pizzas
When you’re wanting a “lighter” pizza option this one will fit that bill perfectly. Our personal pesto portabella pizzas are the perfect portion for a light lunch or even can be served as an hors de vors for all your summer entertaining.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 large portabella mushrooms – cleaned and gills removed
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 1/2 –3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3–4 cherry tomatoes – halved
- kosher salt/pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place mushroom caps upside down on a muffin pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes until mushrooms have just begun to soften. Discard liquid.
- Equally divide pesto between mushroom caps. Using a silicone brush, spread pesto on inside of mushroom caps.
- Equally divide cheese between mushroom caps.
- Equally divide tomatoes between mushroom caps. Arrange on top of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn oven to broil. Return mushrooms to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes OR until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
If you like this, try these:
Portabella mushrooms transform into an easy-to-make, craveable snack with this jerky recipe from Chelsey Amer, MS, RDN.view Recipe
Flavorful black beans, quinoa, spicy peppers and onions are stuffed into large mushroom caps to make this delicious weeknight meal.view Recipe